What is bounce rate?
Bounce rate is the percentage of people who came to your blog/website and left viewing only one page.
How to reduce bounce rate?
Suppose a person comes to your blog via Google and then read one of your post. The post is 2000 words long and the person read all and goes away. This will now be counted as a bounced visitor because the person only visited one page. Even though the person loved the post and read it all, it still will be counted as a bounced visitor.
So by changing your code you can tell Google Analytics not to count any visitor who stays on your blog for at least 1 minute(or whatever time you like) as a bounced one.
What should your bounce rate be?
- Above 70% = Not good/Bad (high bounce rate)
- 60% to 70% = Need to improve (reduce bounce rate)
- 40% to 60% = Good
- 30% to 40% = Very good
- Up to 30% = Excellent
Other ways to decrease bounce rate?
- Increase your website speed.
- Open external websites in new tab.
- Make your post easy to read.
- Show related post.
- Make it easy for navigation.
- Interlink your posts.